Nursing negligence occurs when when the that a patient receives from a nurse fails to meet a reasonable standard, resulting in the patient to suffer either physically or mentally.
Although these cases are rare, from time to time they do happen and in some cases, the results of negligence can have a huge impact. If you or a loved one has suffered from nursing negligence in the last 3 years and would like to claim, get in touch with us.
Our dedicated team of medical negligence lawyers are happy to answer any questions you might have and carry out your claim should you choose to make one.
Get in touch
This data will only be used by Youngs Law for processing your query and for no other purpose.
What is nursing negligence?
Nursing negligence can lead to damage mentally, physically or both, and this can have devastating impacts on the lives of patients.
Examples of nursing negligence that can cause a patient to suffer injury include:
- Failure to prevent falls
- Failure to prevent or properly treat bed sores
- Failure to mobilise patient
- Medication and/or document errors
- Failure to check correct blood used
- Monitoring a patient and recording observations inappropriately
- Failing to follow established procedures correctly
- Failing to call for specialist help (including delay)
- Internal bleeding not detected
- Not helping a patient to use bathroom
- Failing to recognise limitations e.g. performing procedure without proper training
Nursing negligence occurs when acts are performed which are deemed to be below a competence level expected of someone in their position. The consequences of nursing negligence include the staff member being suspended fired or losing their license. But the consequences for injured patients can be much more.
No Win No Fee
Youngs Law offer no win, no fee for all of our medical negligence claims, so if you don’t win your case and receive compensation, you don’t pay us a penny. We will also wait for any fee to be paid to us when you receive you compensation and not upon winning you case.
If you think you may have a medical negligence claim involving genetics, contact us today.