GP Negligence claims
When you go to visit the doctors or to see you GP you tend to get the help that you need or you get pointed in the right direction for help.
However, sometimes we don’t get the help we need and conditions can worsen before we eventually get the right treatment and this can have serious consequences.
If you feel you have suffered due to negligence from a GP and you’d like to claim, speak with our team of medical negligence lawyers. Initial consultations are free and we’d be more than happy to answer your questions.
This data will only be used by Youngs Law for processing your query and for no other purpose.
Common GP Negligence Claims
If you suffer an illness that requires treatment, your GP will often be the first health professional you see. GP negligence claims can arise in areas including the following:
- Failure to refer to a specialist
- Failure to fully investigate symptoms
- Failure to act on test results
- Inappropriate prescribing of drugs over a long period
- Poor record keeping
- Failing to appreciate the seriousness of a condition
- Lack of follow up
Visiting your general practitioner is often the first step regarding any health concerns or issues. GPs are trained in a broad range of areas and often deal with social and family issues rather than just medical matters. Clinical negligence claims can arise from the treatment received by general practitioners and claims often arise from a failure to carry out basic examinations, tests or follow ups properly, rather than from specialist matters due to their broad range of knowledge.
Common examples of GP negligence claims with catastrophic consequences can include:
- Delays in treatment of meningitis leading to brain damage
- Failure to refer patients with cancer symptoms
- Myocardial infarction (heart attack)
- Hypoglycaemia, low blood sugar levels which can lead to brain damage if not treated appropriately
- Asthma attacks which can have fatal consequences if not properly managed/treated
No Win No Fee:
Youngs Law offer no win, no fee for all of our medical negligence claims, so if you don’t win your case and receive compensation, you don’t pay us a penny. We will also wait for any fee to be paid to us when you receive you compensation and not upon winning you case.
If you think you may have a medical negligence claim involving genetics, contact us today.