Child Arrangements

We know that divorces and separation can cause issues when it comes to child arrangements. Our team of expert lawyers and here to help provide you with the best legal guidance so you can get the right result for you and you family.

If you’re going through divorce or separation and need advice on how to make arrangements for your child, speak with Youngs Law today.

Our team of fmaily law experts have decades of experience in dealing with child arrangement matters and can help you with best in class legal advice.

We will take the time to get to know you and your situation so that we can support you and your family for the best outcomes.

If you’d like to speak to one of our family lawyers, please feel free to contact us using the form on the page or give us a call using the number below.

This data will only be used by Youngs Law for processing your query and for no other purpose.

Our child arrangements solicitors have a wealth of practical and legal experience in this area and can help you with a range of issues, including:

  • Living Arrangements – where your children will live (also known as residence)
  • Access to your Children – who they can see and when (this is known as contact)
  • Financial maintenance – such as child maintenance, school fees and housing costs
  • Relocation – whether a parent can relocate a child (both in the UK and overseas)
  • Grandparents’ rights – getting legal access to your grandchildren
  • Parental Responsibility – Who is responsible for what
  • Specific issues – such as changing a child’s surname or school

Young’s will always try to help you settle your dispute through mediation or negotiation if that is appropriate. We do this to help save you time and to also reduce the stress on you. Creating a good working relationship with you and your ex partner will help all parties in the future. However, we know that this is not always possible to medicate or even negotiate and we have decades of experience behind us to help you through this process if required.

If your case does need to go to court, our lawyers can help with various types of court order:

  • Child arrangements order – this sets out where your child will live and spend time (what people commonly refer to as custody and access or contact and residence)
  • Prohibited steps order – this can prevent your ex-partner doing something, such as changing your child’s surname or moving abroad
  • Specific issue order – this can decide a particular issue, such as where a child is to be educated

In these situations we have the knowledge and experience to help you through the court process and to get the best outcome for you and your children. We understand that you may be anxious about how a court battle will affect your children, and we’ll do everything we can to support you and your children through the issues that arise.

Contact us and speak to an experienced member of our Family Law team on 033 33 582 588.

For information about Legal Aid services, visit our Legal Aid page.

Meet the team

For further information and confidential advice from our team of specialist solicitors, please contact a member of our team or call us on

033 33 582 589

Scroll to Top

Get Your Free Guide

Fill out the form

Get Your Free Guide

Fill out the form