Mental Health is an extremely specialised area of law and because of the serious nature, if you are formally detained under The Mental Health Act 1983, you are entitled to be represented and our work will be fully funded by the Legal Aid Agency. You do not have to pay anything for our services.
Our specialist mental health solicitors are here to provide thorough and confidential legal advice.
Feel free to write to us if you have a question about your matter. We are more than happy to answer your queries and assist you with your matter should you choose to instruct us.
Youngs hold a contract with the Legal Aid Agency to provide Mental Health Law services across the Midlands and North West and are able to attend to see and represent clients in hospital in Staffordshire, Cheshire, the West Midlands and the North West.
Nadine Forrester has been a member of the Law Society Mental Health Accreditation Scheme for over 26 years and has extensive experience in providing advice and representation and is focused on protecting the rights of patients in hospital and in the community. In terms of detention under The Mental Health Act 1983 we can advise on the following: –
- Section 2 Detention for Assessment and Treatment
- Section 3 for Treatment
- Section 7 for Guardianship
- Section 17A Community Treatment Order
- Section 37 Hospital Orders
- Section 37/41 Hospital Order with Restrictions
- Sections 38,48 and 45A Forensic Orders
- Section 47/49 Transfer from Prison
We also give advice to: –
- Nearest Relatives on their powers under The Mental Health Act. It may be possible for a relative of someone who is detained to be eligible for financial assistance under the Legal Aid provisions.
- Advice regarding Applications to displace Nearest relatives.
- People who have been detained under The Mental Health Act outside hospital subject to Community Treatment Order or Conditional Discharge.
- Vulnerable clients who have been deprived of their liberty and represent clients before the Court of Protection.
We provide professional, caring, supportive Legal Advice and representation to all our clients using our wealth of knowledge and experience.
Head of Mental Health Department
Solicitor, Longton Branch